:::Skip to main content
Site Map Contact us 中文版
  • font size
    A A A
font size small icon font size medium icon font size large icon Share information to Facebook Share information to Line Forwarding information by email Pop-up print setting
Import/Export Clearance
  • Q1: What kind of goods are applicable for “examination and release alongside the vessel” or “release alongside the vessel without examination”?

A: Fresh or perishable goods, live animals and plants, hazardous goods, bulk cargo, large quantity boxed goods or goods large in size, and goods in particular conditions.


  • Q2: Can a request for declaration correction be accepted after submitting the declaration form?

A: Yes, according to Article 2 of the “Regulations Governing the Correction of Import and Export Declarations,” duty-payers or exporters can provide documentary evidence to the Customs at the port of entry/exit for correction.


  • Q3: Can export goods be released if false declaration of trademark was found? What documents are needed for the release of such goods?

A: In the case of false declaration of trademark, the exporter shall submit copies of trademark registration certificate or proof of authority or non-infringement to apply for cargo release.


  • Q4: What is the monetary limit for an export shipment in the name of a private person?

A: The monetary amount of an export shipment in the name of a private person shall not exceed USD20,000 and the items shall not be on the list of goods prohibited from exportation. Private persons who export more than this amount shall apply for export permits from the Bureau of Foreign Trade, Ministry of Economic Affairs.


  • Q5: In what conditions can shippers apply for container consolidation? Is it allowed when different exporters are shipping goods to the same foreign buyer?


  1. Container consolidation is allowed when multiple consignments from one exporter are going to the same buyer.
  2. For G3, G5, B8 or B9 declarations, container consolidation is allowed when goods from the same exporter and exiting from the same port are going to different consignees; however, if there is any B declarations among those shipments, consolidation should be conducted by the bonded factory who files the B declarations. For non- AEO bonded factories, consolidation is limited to 2 declarations (B and G declaration deemed as one).
  3. Goods from different exporters shipping to same buyer are not allowed to be consolidated into one declaration. However, multiple shipments of frozen goods from two or more exporters are allowed to be consolidated into one CY container under the condition that the exporters declare their shipments separately and follow the following rules:
A. Customs clearance should be commissioned to ONE customs broker.
B. All declaration forms should be submitted to Customs at the same time; container numbers and declaration 
     numbers should be clearly stated in the  “other declaration items”  column on each form.
C. Cargoes should be laid out separately without mixing up inside a container as per the loading lists. 
     Cargoes should be clearly marked so as to identify each exporter. The loading list should be placed 
     on the inner side of the container door for Customs’ check.
D. All goods should be undergone cargo examination (C3) should any of the declarations is assigned as C3. 
E. All exporters should sign an affidavit of responsibility and risk sharing
  • Q6: What should be noticed before exporting compact disks?

A: When exporting prerecorded compact disks (CDs), exporters should correctly declare their Source Identification Code (SID) which are inscribed on the CDs. If there is no SID code, it should be declared as “without SID.” The above requirement does not apply to re-exported CDs.


  • Q7: What is the time limit for declaration correction after cargo release?

A: The exporter or customs broker shall apply for the correction within six months from the date following the first issuance of the copy of export declaration duplicate for duty drawback on raw materials. For those not applying for the copy aforesaid, it is from the date following the release of exports.


  • Q8: How to apply for re-issuance of export declaration duplicate?

A: The exporter or customs broker shall present the application form, proof of payment of processing fee, and export declaration duplicate (excluding C1- exempt of declaration form) to the case officer to apply for the re-issuance.


  • Q9: In what situations, application for correction of FOB price will NOT be accepted by Customs?

A: According to article 11 of the Regulations Governing Correction of Import/Export Declaration Form, customs officers shall accept the FOB price correction except:

  1. The amount changed is under TWD20,000.
  2. Buyers refuse to pay after goods have exported or buyers lodge claims against the poor quality of goods.
  3. The goods exporter applies for a correction of exchange rate adopted from the date goods declared to the date goods exported.
  4. Goods are released under licensing-free condition, but the exporter applied for a correction with "export permit" issued by signatory authority afterwards.
  5. The correction of FOB price will change the export requirements.


  • Q10: Where to find information about over-due Trade Promotion Fee on the internet?

A: Trade Promotion Fee is collected on a quarterly basis. For searching of the records of unpaid Trade Promotion Fee, please go to the Customs-Port-Trade (CPT) Single Window portal at https://portal.sw.nat.gov.tw/PPL / clearance service (licenses for clearance) / certificate-free checking service/ export clearance process /(GC312) and search for “unpaid export expenses.”


  • Q11: Can I change the recipient's address of the Trade Promotion Fee notice?

A: If you have a notice with you, please check the “changing address” box, fill in the new address and send it back to the Customs. If not, file an application with all the required information: company' s name, tax ID number, contact person, telephone number, new recipient's address and stamp company's first and second corporate seal and facsimile it to Customs at: (02) 24263954. Please confirm the receipt of the application with the Customs officer after sending the request.


  • Q12. Find a Customs related operator under Keelung Customs jurisdiction?

A: Go to KLC website at https://keelung.customs.gov.tw→ convenience service→ related operator list, or click here to link and download (Chinese Version )

  1. Related associations
  2. Directory of transportation operators
  3. Directory of container terminal, bonded warehouse and import/export warehouse operators
  4. Directory of Customs broker agencies
  5. Directory of forwarders
  6. Directory of Customs broker agencies under Hualien Branch jurisdiction
  7. Directory of maritime express operators
  8. Directory of maritime express handling unit operators
  9. Directory of import/export warehouse operators under Hualien Branch jurisdiction
Last updated:2022-09-12 Click times:1970