Keelung Customs (KLC) stated that the application for the certificate of “2022 Outstanding Customs Clearance Agent” had been closed and the results would be announced in June.
KLC added that, candidates for the certificates must meet the following requirements:
- They have been engaged in Customs clearance agent services for at least 3 years.
- They have endorsed over 500 import/export declarations (transit applications excluded), and the ratio of declarations found containing errors is less than 0.1%.
- Their service provider's rights (declaring, reviewing and certifying import/export cases) and registered customs broker’s licenses were not either suspended or revoked by the Customs in 2021.
- They were not issued a warning letter under Customs Act, nor been imposed a monetary penalty by the Customs in 2021.
- They had a monthly salary for their services of no less than the minimum wage of 2021 proclaimed by the Ministry of Labor.
KLC further expressed that, Customs clearance agents act as a bridge between Customs and traders to help streamline clearance process of imported/exported goods as well as other Customs matters. Customs confers the said Certificates every year as a token of recognition of those selected agents’ expertise and professionalism, and also of its gratitude for the contribution they have made to the business community.
For more information, please contact Export Division, KLC at (02)24202951 ext. 5422.